Monday 13 November 2017

THE HAIR OF HAIR BANDS

80s HAIRBANDS

The huge hair of the 80s was, literally, everywhere! It was so big! The poor ozone never stood a chance. It was bigger than big in the heavy metal scene, where it seemed, if you were a rock band you had gigantic hair...and usually some spandex pants to go with the hair.

Not only did Autograph Turn Up the Radio, they turned up the volume on their hair and on stage outfits! Nice stitching Rod!


Autograph asked us to Turn Up the Radio
If I had to guess I'd say this next pic was a group of overage dudes doing a very, very, good job of dressing like an 80s hairband...but, I could be wrong. As you'll see, some of the outfits looked so bad they were good. If you know what I mean?


80s Hairband
Like this pic of Cinderella...luckily, we don't know what we've got till it's gone. Personally, I'm glad this look is gone. I mean think of all the time I wasted puffin' my hair up like that!


Cinderalla gave the princess a run for best hair

Def Leppard's style wasn't Hysteria, but, more tame. Still fairly big hair, but, at least the one guy is wearing a suit jacket (from a cruise line maybe?)


Def Leppard tamed the tiger and their hair


Combining big, huge, out of this world hair, with big, huge, out of this world outfits, was all the rage for awhile. And, the crue that pulled it off the best, IMO, was Motley Crue. I bet those outfits drove the Girls, Girls, Girls, cray cray.
Motley Crue doing the due!


Ooh that Motley Crue looked so studly...b/c of all the studs in their clothing

Speaking of Girls, Girls, Girls. There was that trend of bands making themselves up to look like Girls, Girls, Girls. Can't really remember what the reason was at this point - times have changed so much that it isn't rebellious to do that anymore.


Even a fake mascara mole above the lip...nice

I used to give roses to my lady friends, even though Every Rose Has its Thorns. But, what I could never pull off was the lady look that Poison hits bullseye in this pic. I don't remember Poison ever looking like this, I remember the leather. The hair was the same of course.


Poison pulling off the big hair girly look....cute


This band hits all the right notes with the hair, the headbands, the cat print tighty pants...ah back in the day, they were Back Alright, but, not that far. The Backstreet Boys do a great job of interpreting the fashion of the 80s metal band. They fooled me when I was looking through pinterest.


Backstreet boys tricked me into believing they were an 80s rock n roll sensation


I believe this is Mark Slaughter of Slaughter looking kind of feminin...interesting wrist guards. Yes, that's what I was what drew my eyes, his wrist guard thingy...thingies.


Poodle hair


There is enough make up in this pic to make your eyes spin Round and Round. RATT wins for best permed hair that's for sure.


RATT kept many a hair stylist busy during their run in the 80s


A close second in the permed hair band is Ozzy and his band of misfits. Interesting choice of trousers guys?


Classic rock look bang on

Speaking of trousers, these pants will Rock You Like A Hurricane if you stare at them too long. Take the time to look up and appreciate the effort the Scorpions put into their top/vests/jacket choices.


Scorpions and their Big City Nights look

Now, if you really want some advice on a nice place to get an authentic 80s jacket, talk to your wing man - Winger. These hairy rockin' dudes (look at the height of that one guys hair!) can sure rock a custom designed leather jacket! Exclusive!!!


Any one of these dudes could be my wingman for a night


And, if you are looking for something with more tassles, call up Whitesnake. These equally hair-full dudes can probably direct you to a great suede stylist or maybe even a skinny tie making shop? Quick question - are those jeans hurting you?


Whitesnake obviously took pride in their big hair


If you are more the timeless leather jacket and jeans kind of guy then Skid Row is for you. They are probably still wearing the same clothes thirty years later...I hope they trimmed off some of the hair or at least used some sort of hair taming styling product.


Skid Row put time into their hair and music, not the latest fashion trends
Warrant is probably still looking for that Cherry Pie in their all leather outfits. I don't know about you but when I think of wearing really tight leather pants, a leather vest, NO shirt, and cowboy boots I think, dang I want to grow my mega hair and puff it all up real big like.


There should be a Warrant out for how cool these dudes look

I'll leave you all with this image. Yes, it is real. No, you have probably not heard of Stryper...I think they were just a little ahead of their time. At least fashion wise. Didn't they sing that song Queen Bee!?





For more great 80s fashion critiques check out this post - http://80sthrowbackparty.blogspot.ca/2017/02/the-flock-of-seagulls-hairstyle.html





No comments:

Post a Comment