Monday 15 May 2017

80s MUSIC MEMES AND MORE - LAUGHFEST

I'M LAUGHING IN MY PANTS HERE



I had this moment the other day, but, in reverse. The 'Classic Rock' station was playing Green Day and Pearl Jam. Since when did those grungy pants bands become lumped in with late 70s soft rock like Fleetwood mac? I almost stopped the car, found a phone booth, and called the station to complain. But, then I realized there are no phone booths around anymore since everyone has a cell phone - except me.



Exactly. If you are not a fan of all 80s music (excluding Michael Bolton) then raise the bar a bit buddy! 



This drink sounds pretty generic - and probably tastes pretty bad too - but it does have a rockin' name! Let's drink to that ok?



I think I might save this quote for my gravestone. Either that or, "You're just not a pretty face".




Ever wonder if signs like this are real, legit, for realzies? First off, why would anyone wear their sunglasses at night unless they are a drug dealer. Second, what harm does it cause, other than drive by gang shooting mix ups (implying there are gangs that can be identified by sunglasses). Third, what if the sunglasses are prescription and you forgot your regular glasses at home and you just WANT TO SEE AT NIGHT?! Corey Hart had a good point, so take that you sign making civic minded bureaucratic over protectivizing metal wasting sign-pusher!

While wearing only sunglasses and a smile!

You know what else I sometimes wonder...are Tears for Fears photos real? I think some of them ended up on that awkward family photo website. Just take a look...







And, while you are pouring the sugar on me, could you get me a banana-rama?


Now that is what I call a banana-rama. Poor cashier, probably too young and unhip to really get the humour in this? I bet that job was one Cruel Summer (job).



What I love about the Jeopardy song by Greg Kihn Band, was, first this single album cover of a man getting zapped in the groin by a lighting bolt. It's like American's Funniest home videos gone bad.
But, I loved that this song inspired Weird Al Yankovic to write I Lost On Jeopardy...and, yes, I'll admit that I memorized the words to Weird Al and I didn't to Greg K Band.




Now, for some fashion advise...



I know what Joan Jett would do - not wear beige.



Then she wouldn't wear beige would she Keanu!?
That statement seems to be true. Joan Jett looks good in black leather and red. I think she might have been on to something in general. I think most people don't look good in beige, unless they are Michael Bolton fans....just kidding, kind of.


Thanks Bolton fans!
The other day I was thinking about walkmans. Actually, I ran across this old ad. Which I think is hilarious that with every cassette player purchase you were given a free U2 cassette.
I got to wondering if you can still buy brand new 'walkman's...

And, you can buy new walkmans. They are still cheap too. Here is link to the one pictured below. 

You can still buy walkmans!

No comments:

Post a Comment